Saturday 14 June 2014

The Basil Exposition First Post

First things first, I'm not a professional photographer.  Amateur seems a little grandiose as well.  I don't have thousands of pounds worth of equipment.  I have a 4/3rds Olympus EPL-1 Camera with a 35mm kit lens and a 40 -150mm zoom lens that I bought of Amazon.

I have a full time job and fortunate to live in a semi rural area in Nottinghamshire.  A lot of the photographs I take tend to be in and around the garden (There are two Tawny Owls that roost in the conifers in the garden and  know just the right place to sit so you can't take a good photograph of them).  There are some nice places nearby and I like just wondering off for an hour with the camera and see what's out there.  I don't have time to spend hours tweaking photographs in photoshop.

The reason I decided to do this blog was through friends saying I should really be doing  something with the photographs I've taken instead of just storing them away on the computer.   So, I've decided to try it for a while and see what happens.

Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. At last....plenty of good pics in the archive to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Awesome photographs from someone who claims not to be a professional. You're in the wrong business.

    ReplyDelete