Sunday 26 July 2015

Scarborough Unfair




Now that the school summer holidays have arrived, its made me think about my own younger years and the family holidays that we used to have.  Butlins at Skegness will always be my childhood favourite (Monorail! Chair Lift!) and Scarborough - well I may have liked Scarborough but it doesn't seem to particularly like me.

Exhibit A - trip to the Blue Dolphin Caravan Park where it rained pretty much all the time and I got the mumps and had nothing but tomato soup for days.  Even winning the darts competition and the greatest bouncy castle in existence couldn't repair the damage.  I think I was eight years old.

Exhibit B, the morning of departure for a few days in the seaside town a couple of years ago resulted in me doing my back in on the morning we were supposed to travel on our non refundable booking.  The hotel was lovely, our room?  Top floor no lift.  I shuffled around Scarborough and Whitby like one of the walking dead.

Below are a selection of pictures from that fateful trip.


































A baby penguin at the Sea Life Centre


























These are from Whitby.





No comments:

Post a Comment